Wednesday 15 May 2013

MAC'S Prep + Prime and Satinfinish Foundation Review


Hello lovelies! The time has come (after 3 months of my using this foundation and primer) to do a review on these 2 products! 

 (MAC's Prep + Prime - £19.50)

(MAC's Satinfinish Foundation in NC15 - £24.00)

Firstly, i'll start with the primer;
1. Although this primer is pricey and you can find other primers for half the price. Its worth the money! It really does the job and does feel like a high end product.
2. It makes me skin feel very very smooth and hydrated.
3. As i have dry skin i needed a primer that wouldn't dry out my skin, Mac's Prep + Prime definitely doesn't dry my skin. It is actually a really moisturising primer which i wasn't expecting.
4. It helps keep my foundation on all day and doesn't make my makeup patchy or cakey.
Negative -
The only negative i have about this product if the pump. You really don't need much of this primer as it goes a long way, but the pump makes it hard to get the little amount of product you need. You have to really push slow to get a tiny amount out, one slip and you have enough for 3 people!

And the Foundation;
1. I LOVE this foundation, it's pricey, but again i can definitely tell a difference between this foundation and a drugstore one.
2. It gives me just enough coverage; i didn't want a foundation that would give me full coverage and although it is lightweight, it does give me a 'flawless' look.
3. It's very moisturising (the lady recommended this one for dry skin) and makes my skin feel hydrated, it doesn't look cakey or heavy, and it applies easily and smoothly.
Again, the only negative is the pump, its hard to get a little amount without slipping and getting too much product.

I LOVE these two products and will definitely be repurchasing when i run out! Whats your favourite MAC product? Do you prefer drugstore foundations? Let me know in the comments, i'd love to know what you guys think! :)

Much love,
Jessica xo

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. they're great arent they?! Wish i could have started using them sooner xo

      Delete
  2. I love the Mac Primer, works perfectly for me even though i have acne!
    Lovely blog
    Laura
    xx
    www.lauraelizabethbeeney.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its amazing isnt it! Yeah, it helps with blemishes and makes the foundation stay! :)
      Thankyou so much! I really appreciate it xo

      Delete
  3. I would love to try that primer.. i've seen it at some mac counters but i have actually never tried it x

    http://holaflo.blogspot.com.ar/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should! It's worth the price, i helps keep my foundation on for the whole day and its really moisturising :)

      Lovely blog! Following xoxo

      Delete