Monday 13 May 2013

My Favourite Face Products

Hey lovelies! :) I thought i would show you my current favourite face products, ranging from exfoliants to foundation, and do a review on them for you! :)

These are my favourite go to face products atm! (Mac's Prep + Prime,Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer, Maybelline Expert Wear Blush in 62 Rosewood, Clinique 7 day scrub, Garnier Moisture Match and Mac Satinfinish Foundation).

(Clinique 7 day scrub cream)
So, i bought this exfoliating cream about 2-3 months ago, i was debating on it because of the price (£16-£17). I usually would buy a drugstore product but i had been wanting it for a while and took the plunge! I am so glad i did, as this exfoliator really does its job. I have VERY dry skin all over my face and this exfoliator makes my skin feel really smooth and helps prevent my foundation looking cakey in the long run. I use it 3 times a week as i also have very sensitive skin so i dont want to cause a reaction. I definitely recommend this face cream, its easy to apply and rinse off as its not too thick and leaves my skin feeling silky smooth :)

(Garnier Moisture Match) - Dry to very dry skin
I came across these moisturisers at Boots, and instantly picked this one up, its perfect for my skin as its for very dry skin. It was only £3.99 which i thought was a great price for such a great moisturiser. At the minute i will not go back to any other moisturiser i've tried as this is the best one. I put it on right before i apply my foundation and it really hydrates my skin, the foundation then feels very smooth and my skin does not feel dry. The moisturiser helps my makeup to look silky and not cakey from my dry skin. I highly recommend this moisturiser. They also come in all skin types from very oily to normal skin so its perfect for everyone!

Mac's Prep + Prime (£19.50) and Mac's Mineralise Satinfinish Foundation (£24.00)
So i went down to London about 2 months ago and went straight to the MAC store, i had been debating whether to even go in there because i know i will want to buy absolutely everything there haha. I have never really used MAC before, apart from their brushes, because of the prices, before i had a job i obviously didn't have enough money, and so i stuck to drugstore foundations (particularly rimmel and max factor). Although these were good, i see a HUGE difference in Mac's products. The lady at the store asked if i wanted the Prep and prime with it as i have dry skin, it will help smooth my skin and leave my foundation on for longer and make it easier to apply. It does the job, and leaves my skin feeling silky, my foundation lasts all day and i really like how it feels on my skin, it doesn't leave it feeling dry at all. Secondly, i LOVE LOVE LOVE Mac's mineralise satin finish foundation, the woman recommended this foundation for my dry skin, and im glad she did. It leaves my skin feeling nice and smooth, its not heavy or full coverage but it gives me just enough coverage. I am in the lightest shade (NC15) as i am so pale haha. I will definitely be repurchasing this foundation in the future.

Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer (£4.19) - Sorry the writing rubbed off!
Anyone who is anyone has raved about this concealer. I remember when it first came out and i must have been about 14-15, i just started using makeup and bought this. I loved it then and i still love it now! I repurchased it after those 3-4 years and use it everyday. Its inexpensive and gives me great coverages over any blemishes i may have. I have it in the shade 'Light 2'. Its perfect to cover blemishes but also great to cover your under eye dark circles. I apply this after my foundation as its not too dark or light, its just the right shade for me. I have nothing bad to say about this concealer, it does not cake on my skin and its very lightweight. Love it! :) 

Maybelline Expert Wear Blush in 62 Rosewood (£4-£5)
I never used to wear blusher, i dont really know why maybe it was because i am so pale and i didnt want to look like a clown haha. But, i purchased this last month and i have not stopped using it. Its a VERY lightweight blush which is just what i wanted. As i'm very pale i dont want a blusher that makes me look like i've used face paint on my cheeks! I can do a few strokes on each cheek with this blusher because its so light. Its just the right colour for my skin tone and it stays on all day. There isnt really anything bad i can say about this blusher, its perfect and they have lots and lots of pretty colours to try. I definitely recommend this if you are looking for a lightweight blusher! :)

Hope you guys enjoyed this blog post and check out some of these products for yourself! Let me know if you've tried any of these in the comments, and tell me what your favourite face products have been! :)
Hope you have a great day and rememeber to smile! :)
Much love,
Jessica xo


ps. Check out my April Favourites on my beauty channel! :) 

5 comments:

  1. I have just used up my mini clinique scrub and I LOVE it - I will have to repurchase :) x


    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I definately recommend it! It does it's job and it's not too harsh on my skin :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love that concealer and moisturiser too! Fab picks honey xx

    Gemma | ♥ International MAC RiRi Woo giveway on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are really good arent they?! :) thanks for commenting xo

      Delete
  4. lovely products, that concealer is one of my favourites!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win asos, topshop or space nk vouchers + a goodie bag! click here.

    ReplyDelete