Tuesday 14 May 2013

Maybelline's Rocket Volume Express Mascara Review

Hello lovelies! So i'm here today with my first ever review post! I'm going to be reviewing my current mascara, which is Maybelline's rocket volume express mascara.


(Maybelline's Rocket Volume Express Mascara - £6.99)

I've been using Maybelline and Max Factor mascaras for as long as i can remember. I do like high end mascaras such as Cliniques mascara and Benefits. But, i feel these drugstore products do the job and at a much lower price. At the minutes, i am LOVING this mascara. It was featured in my Everyday Makeup Post. There are many good points to this mascara.
1. The mascara really does make my lashes appear much longer that they are. They also don't flatten my eyelashes so i don't have to curl my lashes all the time and they still look long and curly.
2. They really do give my eyelashes a lot of volume, the wand is small, but chunky. It applies just the right amount of mascara, making them have more volume and length.
3. The price is great. At £6.99 i feel this is a great steal because it does the same job as Clinique's mascaras do for example. It gives me the same look, it doesnt feel cheap. The mascara isnt too think or lumpy like some other cheap mascaras may feel like. It does the same as a high end mascara but for a drugstore price.
However, i have 1 tiny problem!
At the very start, it did make my eye lashes go clumpy. However i think it may be because it was the start of the mascara and there was a lot of product and so more product picked up on the wand which in turn put more on my eyelashes. No matter how much i tried to separate them, they would still clump together. Luckily, after a while of using it, there have not been as many clumps. It now feels even and not too thick or clumpy which is great!
Here's what it looks like on :)

(Sorry its a little blurry, but you get the gist!)

What do you think? Have you tried this or any of Maybellines mascaras? I love them! Let me know what your favourite mascara/or makeup is in the comments! I'd love to know :)
Have a great night,
Much love,
Jessica xo




No comments:

Post a Comment